Our highly skilled + experienced Registered Massage Therapists at rebirth use techniques that are safe and effective for pregnancy and postpartum. Our Registered Massage Therapists, Sarah Zadorsky, Natasha Marshall, and Janet Bueckert have an understanding of muscular and postural conditions pregnant persons are prone to developing and play an active role in both prevention and treatment. Babies (pre-crawlers) are welcome in the treatment room during treatment.
Services and Rates as of April 16, 2018
- 30 min massage - $61
- 45 min massage - $78
- 60 min massage - $90
- 75 min massage - $108.50
- 90 min massage - $127
- Late Pregnancy Massage - 30 mins - $61
- Late Pregnancy Massage - 60 mins - $90
*Prices listed already include HST
* Extended health care plans may cover some or all of the cost of your treatments.
How to Book Your Appointment
- Call Rebirth at 226-663-3243
- Book online through Mindbody below
- Email us at email@example.com
If you're on your phone, it's easier to book an appointment by downloading the Mindbody App here.
What is Prenatal Massage?
Registered Massage Therapists who practice prenatal therapy have an understanding of muscular and postural conditions prenatal bodies are prone to developing. A RMT can play an active role in both prevention, treatment and education. They are also trained to recognize signs and symptoms of prenatal disorders, such as pre-eclampsia, which can endanger mother and child. In the early stages of pregnancy, the mother-to-be will be positioned in whatever manner she is most comfortable, including on her tummy if she prefers. The massage therapist will avoid some areas of the body, as well as acupressure points that are known to trigger labour, and will check for excessive swelling or other danger signs. In later stages of pregnancy, the treatment is given with the mother-to-be lying on her side, with bolsters, pillows and cushions supporting the legs and belly for comfort. Positioning during a massage is critical to the safety and well-being of both the mother and the baby she is carrying.
You can get a prenatal massage at any point during a healthy pregnancy. In order for your RMT to provide you with the most effective and individualized treatment possible, it is highly recommended that a obstetrician or midwife’s visit be made prior to your first prenatal treatment to ensure that you have the most up to date information regarding your pregnancy. In the case of a high-risk pregnancy, consultation with your obstetrician or midwife before massage treatment is imperative.
Late Pregnancy Massage Therapy
Massage may help to decrease pre-labour anxiety and promote the release of oxytocin, which is the natural hormone produced by the body to stimulate contractions. You can book a late pregnancy massage with us for 30 or 60 minutes long to help you relax and prepare you for labour. Acupuncture can also help with the onset of labour, which can be booked as an Late Pregnancy Appointment with our Naturopathic Doctor.
(Please note that acupressure is not available during a Late Pregnancy Massage.)
Benefits of Prenatal Massage Therapy
- Physical Comfort: Reduces muscular tension and stress on joints caused by the postural shifts that accommodate the extra weight of a growing baby, and alleviates and prevents sciatica
- Benefits baby: Assist baby's development by supporting circulation and increasing oxygen and nutrient delivery to baby
- Swelling: reduces swelling through stimulation of the circulatory and lymphatic systems.
- Emotional health: Reduces the presence of the stress hormone cortisol and increases the feel good hormones, serotonin and dopamine.
- Helps Mama for labour: Facilitates healthy labour by increasing hip and pelvic flexibility and easing muscular tension.
Benefits of Postnatal Massage Therapy
- Emotional Health: treat and prevent postpartum depression by decreasing presence of stress hormones and increase presence of feel good hormones: serotonin and dopamine
- Swelling: decrease postpartum swelling and edema, most commonly experiences post c-section, through stimulation of circulatory and lymphatic system
- Back pain: treat and prevent back pain associated with new, repetitive movements of motherhood such as bending, lifting, carrying, and nursing your baby
- Core health: helps facilitate the restoration of your core through the treatment of shortened and tight muscles, which keep the pelvis in a tilted position (pelvic tilt puts the abdominal muscles into a lengthened position)
- Education: Your RMT will educate you on safe and effective stretching and strengthening techniques to help you maintain and regain musculoskeletal health, as well as prolong the effects of your massage therapy treatment
Registered Massage Therapists at Rebirth
Natasha Marshall, Registered Massage Therapist
Natasha Marshall, a London native and mother of two, received her diploma for Registered Massage Therapy from the D’Arcy Lane Institute here in London, Ontario in 2009. Natasha’s greatest satisfaction from her job is the bond she shares with her patients, which has in turn created her loyal following. Natasha’s clientele includes many families as a whole, including children, who share her perspective of optimizing one’s health potential. She has helped to treat low back pain, headaches and migraines, helped to increase patients’ range of motion and also decrease pain from stress and physical strain. Natasha values aiding her patients in their healing process and promotes relaxation and well-being in the lives of others. Experienced with pre and post natal massage, as well as relaxational and deep tissue treatments, she enjoys seeing her patients walk away from their appointment feeling their best. Natasha is an active runner and completed her first marathon last year. She has a passion for playing classical guitar, and loves to travel globally and experience different cultures.
Sarah Zadorsky, Registered Massage Therapist
Sarah graduated from the University of Western Ontario in 2001 with a Bachelor of Health Sciences. It was her passion for the helping professions (and her own great R.M.T.) that led her to pursue a career as a Registered Massage Therapist. Since graduating from the D'Arcy Lane Institute of Massage Therapy in 2004 she has spent time working in a group setting as well as on her own. Sarah is excited to be returning to a larger practice at Rebirth Wellness and embarking on this new adventure with such a diverse and dynamic team of health professionals; "I believe a team approach is in the best interest of our clients". Devoted wife and mom of four fantastic 'little people', Rebirth's Wellness' focus on mamas, babies and families as a whole is in tune with what she finds the most important in life.
Janet Bueckert, B.A., Registered Massage Therapist
Janet received her Massage Therapy diploma from the D’Arcy Lane Institute of Massage Therapy in 2008 with a 4.0 GPA. She then began studies toward a B.A. majoring in Psychology through Laurentian University. She graduated Cum Laude in 2013 and was awarded the L.A.M.P.S. Academic Achievement Award for the Social Sciences. She has taken French classes to work toward fluency in French and enjoys the process of learning in general. She is also certified in Hot Stone Massage and can offer this service to you at Rebirth. Janet’s Massage Therapy experience has focussed on achieving balance within the body, specifically with respect to musculature, in order to minimize discomfort in daily life. Janet understands that pain is a psychological, emotional and physical experience unique to each individual and endeavours to treat the physical pain objectively but compassionately. Most importantly, Janet believes it is important to provide client-focussed care where the therapeutic agenda may change based on the other competing priorities in the client’s life. She believes our bodies are sacred and are fiercely loyal to us, providing feedback and guidance in order to keep us safe and happy. It is her belief that the body work she does is profoundly special for this reason.
Heather Vanek, BSc, HK, Registered Massage Therapist
Heather has worked in the field of massage therapy for over 10 years. She has a passion for working with prenatal and postnatal women. She practices with a therapeutic approach, focusing on helping clients reach their optimum health by providing consistent and effective massage therapy treatments for many ailments and conditions, extending from acute to chronic & relaxation to rehabilitative massage therapy. She uses many modalities of massage therapy individualized to the client which include but aren’t exclusive of general Swedish massage, trigger point therapy, myofascial release and joint mobilization. Heather is also a mother of three young boys and understands the value of prenatal massage therapy as the client as well as the RMT. Heather has taken extra education in hot stone massage, cranial-sacral therapy and currently is studying Osteopathy.