Rebirth wellness centre is proud to be working with a highly-skilled, super knowledgeable Breastfeeding Educator - Rebecca Robertson who will provide you with the best possible education and support. With incredible skill, knowledge, and warmth, Rebecca is here to help breastfeeding parents feel confident and enjoy their breastfeeding experience. Although breastfeeding is natural, it's not always easy. Mastering the art of breastfeeding takes time, patience, and great support.
Private breastfeeding consultations are available when and where you need it: in-home, or at rebirth wellness centre, 256 Central Ave, London, ON
Our coverage area for in-home lactation consults includes London and surrounding areas such as Woodstock, Stratford, Lucan, Delaware, Dorchester, Strathroy, and Ilderton. For travel more than 25km away from rebirth wellness centre, a $20 milage charge will be added.
Services & Rates (Prices includes HST)
- In-home Initial Breastfeeding Consultation (Approx 90 minutes) - $98
- At Rebirth Initial Breastfeeding Consultation (Approx 90 minutes) - $88
- In-Home Follow-Up (45-60 minutes) - $55
- At Rebirth Follow-Up (45-60 minutes) - $45
Prenatal Breastfeeding Consultation
- In-home Prenatal Breastfeeding Consultation (90 minutes) - $98
- At Rebirth Prenatal Breastfeeding Consultation - $88
- Book online here
- Call us at 226-663-3243
- Email us at email@example.com to request an appointment - let us know your availability and preference for location.
- We accept cash, cheque, or credit card (VISA or Mastercard). Prices already include HST.
What is Breastfeeding Support?
We work with breastfeeding parents and babe at their pace to develop a personalized lactation care plan. Many parents want a consultation just to gain self-confidence in their growing skills and some mothers have more complex challenges.
What types of topics might be covered during an appointment?
- Prenatal breastfeeding plans so that when babe is born you will be ready with the skills, information, and confidence to help reach your breastfeeding goals
- Latching & positioning
- Understanding babe's normal behaviour and how it relates to feeding
- Breastfeeding management & information on normal baby behaviour, including sleep
- Sore nipples and breast pain
- Low milk supply
- Concerns with baby’s weight and supplementing
- Breast refusal
- Tongue tie assessments
- Stopping supplementation
- Mastitis and blocked ducts
- Candida in the breast
- Starting solids
- Expressing/pumping and managing separations from baby
- Special circumstances like twins, breastfeeding after breast surgery, or breastfeeding a baby with medical conditions
- Re-lactation or Induced Lactation for an adoptive baby
- Breastfeeding and fertility questions
- Reassurance and tips
A Typical Breastfeeding Consultation Includes the Following:
Appointments involve a health history and physical exam of mother and baby. While we do this we actively listen to your concerns. We look at baby’s birth, suck, mouth structures, head and neck features, weight, and behaviour. Most notably we observe a feeding from start to end in order to assess several factors including milk transfer, latch, and positioning. We look at breastfeeding management such as feeding patterns and sleep patterns to offer suggestions on ways nursing parents can make their breastfeeding experience better.
We love to include partners and other support people in our teaching so that you have an informed network of support. We are able to refer to other health professionals as needed and work with a mother and baby’s primary care physician to optimize their overall care.
Rebecca Robertson, Breastfeeding Counsellor, Birth & Post Partum Doula, & Childbirth Educator
I am a birth advocate, a breastfeeding educator, and especially an advocate for mothers and the choices they make. As a doula my main role is to support mothers and partners to ensure a satisfying and positive birth experience. I am trained in providing emotional and spiritual support, as well as physical comfort during labor. I completed a DONA training course in 2009 and it sparked my love for supporting labouring women. Since then I have been inspired to continue my learning to provide the best support I can with additional studies in lactation and natural medicine. Some of the things in my tool kit include massage, acupressure, and items to help with visualization and relaxation. I am trained in different stretches and birthing positions to improve pain tolerance and pushing efficacy, as well I give lots of encouragement! In 2012 I enrolled in a Lactation Medicine Program at the Centre for Breastfeeding Education. There I was instilled with this goal "To enable the mother to manage her own breastfeeding experience, so she will be empowered to achieve her own breastfeeding goals." I accumulated over 90 hours in lactation specific education, as well as hours in observation at their breastfeeding clinic. Since that time I have been supporting new moms as they transition to motherhood and begin the breastfeeding relationship. During my time studying Naturopathic medicine, I was fortunate to expand on my knowledge on lactation medicine as well as how naturopathic medicine can play a role in the perinatal care of women and their new babes. I am passionate about my job, and I bring lots of enthusiasm and love for what I do.